sábado, 26 de enero de 2013

WHY AM I HERE?

In answer to Vance Stevens question as part of the MultiMOOC EVO session.
     Why am I here?  Good question!  Why am I immersed in a completely new experience which I have never heard of before in my life during my Summer holidays trying to overcome feelings of guilt for not being able to comply with the homework, arriving late or not being able to attend live sessions, carrying around the house different notetaking devices in order to record ideas, feelings, sites, tools, names or my jumping flow of consciousness?  Well, I will try to give form to an attempt of an answer.  First of all, I have to say I´m curious, and the name EVO, MultiMOOC /maltimu:c/, called my attention.   Secondly, I heard someone say at the opening session "If it is your first time in EVO don´t register for more than one session."  I am a disobedient girl.  I signed up for four!    Last but not least, a certain Mr Vance Stevens took his time to answer one of my questions and I felt special.  A MOOC was not so massive after all,  this teacher who is probably very busy teaching somewhere in Asia, was interested in me!   Dave Cormier also played an important part in my staying aboard this brainwrecking experience.  His enthusiasm is something I need to become near of right now.  To me he sounded like a subversive rebellious teacher.  I felt identified with the picture of his angry little boy, I was there, angry with it all.  Feeling I just could not cope with so much new (to me) information.  Nevertheless, I decided to continue taking things more easily so that I could enjoy the experience. And I am!

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Maria, true I don't have a lot of time, but teachers rarely do. But like Dave Cormier I have a lot of passion, and this is why at 1 a.m. I am reading your blog. And I like what I see. Teaching is all about reaching people. It's a two-way street though, from you and others in this session I learn how to reach people, which is the hardest part of teaching online, where people are there only because they are attracted to what you do, not because a bus dumped them there in the morning :-). So there is a lot of satisfaction in seeing evidence that the method is working, somehow! Thanks for your post :-))

    ResponderEliminar