sábado, 29 de noviembre de 2014

A day in the life of a connected educator in progress, Thursday 27th November, 2014

AM
9:00
Meeting for next Sunday confirmed by Vance Stevens via e-mail.
9:30
Impromptu Skype session with Katherine Zablatnik´s students in Austria.  Topic: the weather, Christmas preparations.
10
Checking out OCLMOOC by Edinburgh University on Coursera´s resources for week 4.  Interesting!  I found out in the announcements that there is a live meeting called Office Hours scheduled for today via Google Hangouts.  I would like to attend it, let´s see how...
11:09
Using the course hashtag (#OCLMOOC) I tweeted asking for a place in the hangout.
11:30
Jason Levine invited (from Paris?!) via Facebook to a session with Dr Nellie Deutch in Wiziq.  Topic: Microteaching. This term is new to me! Let´s check this out!
11:45
I read Dr Nellie´s description of Microteaching in her blog.  I find it very interesting, lots of potential!
12:38
Confirmation via twitter of my place in Office Hours session of OCLMOOC
PM
1:00
Hangout session/Office Hours.  Topic: Redifining the Human and the last week assignment.
I took the chance to thank the organisers for the great choice of materials in the form of readings and short clips and films.
1:30
Family Lunch!
2:00
Dr Nellie Deutch Wiziq session "Microteaching", in this session Nellie gave practical ideas on  how to organise  microteaching sessions using the Wiziq platform.  A great way to learn and teach based on the premise that we all learn by teaching.
3:00
Wrote a draft blog post based on the material of week 4 from the OCLMOOC, still have to decide what shape my artifact will have, I will need to re-read the assignment lineaments.
4:00
Set things ready for my pre-scheduled Skype session with my friend Athalo´s students from Brazil.
4:45
Jason Levine (again!) suggested via Facebook a storytelling Facebook page and blog interesting for teaching English, inspiring!  Re-posted the link to one of my students who will be absent next week.
5:20
Skype session with Brazilian students.  Amazed to see they had prepared a presentation! Topic: various: soccer (local football teams), rivers (I mentioned that we share the same river: the Paraná, which is my favourite place to go in the summer)  These students are sooooo nice!
6:00
My Spanish language student (a German exchange student) tells me via Facebook that he needs to reschedule the class (probably hanging out with friends!!).  We´ll meet tomorrow.
7:00
Inspired by the storytelling session seen before I decide to draft a sketch of my favourite short story by Julio Cortazar: "Continuidad de los Parques" my drawing are not very good but it would be a good way to introduce storytelling in my Spanish class.
11:00
I realised that I missed  #whatisschool tweetchat (again!)
11:05
Thinking about Jeff Lebow´s students as I watch some kids dance K-pop on national television :)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario